‘Kickstart Social Supermarket’ at LCC Community Trust – is aimed at those struggling with Food Poverty and aims to support families and individuals with food and wraparound care.
So how does it work?
● Clients can be referred through any of our 80 local partners or they can self refer.
● Once completing an initial ‘needs assessment’ with our staff, we then create a personal goal plan for each client.
(This plan includes 1 to 1 mentoring, group classes and access to reduced price food. )
● Our ‘Money Management course’ helps the client identify spending habits and gives tips on better money management.
● Our clients can also avail of classes in cookery skills, household management, employment support, Mums & Tots and Parenting skills.
● The team from ‘Make the Call’ attend our centre once a week to offer benefit advice to clients.
● And finally we buy in reduced priced food or receive ‘almost out of date’ donations from local supermarkets which we can then pass on to our clients at a reduced fee.
The Social Supermarket aims to provide the practical and emotional tools and support to combat food poverty, helping our clients to Kickstart Positive Change in their lives.