‘Kickstart Social Supermarket’ at LCC Community Trust – is aimed at those struggling with Food Poverty and aims to support families and individuals with food and wraparound care.
So how does it work?
● Clients can be referred through any of our 80 local partners or they can self refer.
● Once completing an initial ‘needs assessment’ with our staff, we then create a personal goal plan for each client.
(This plan includes 1 to 1 mentoring, group classes and access to reduced price food. )
● Our ‘Money Management course’ helps the client identify spending habits and gives tips on better money management.
● Our clients can also avail of classes in cookery skills, household management, employment support, Mums & Tots and Parenting skills.
● The team from ‘Make the Call’ attend our centre once a week to offer benefit advice to clients.
● And finally we buy in reduced priced food or receive ‘almost out of date’ donations from local supermarkets which we can then pass on to our clients at a reduced fee.
The Social Supermarket aims to provide the practical and emotional tools and support to combat food poverty, helping our clients to Kickstart Positive Change in their lives.
To find out more contact us on email@example.com